Monday, April 23, 2007

Intercultural Communication

Things are coming along quite well, I have a lot of journal articles to read and I am quite excited because I found out that the IEEE actually hold an annual conference in Professional Communication. Over the years several of the topics at this conference has covered the issues of intercultural communication for the engineer and the importance of understanding national cultural for technical writing. Now I just need to read through the theories and many use the Hofstede dimensions as a basis for their research so this has been very useful that I have explained and analysed his results as this has provided me with the basis for understanding the and being able to move onto the next part of the intercultural learning. The next part is learning and this is followed by application.

I am falling a bit behind schedule because exams are coming up. I did kind of put some lag time into my planning and also in June I have 3 whole weeks to finish wiriting. Thus if I can draft out what I want to write, then in June I just have to fill in the gaps and make it coherent.

No comments: